Seamless integration of inventory capacity, labor and advanced automation.
Speed, accuracy and efficiency
XPO provides configurable, scalable and responsive fulfillment solutions that deliver world-class consumer experiences, all under one roof.
XPO’s customer-centric approach integrates retail and e-commerce into omnichannel distribution operations that eliminate excess infrastructure, while leveraging cross-channel synergies. We also automate distribution center processes to reduce labor, cycle times and costs associated with pick and pack operations.
XPO works collaboratively with retailers of all types and sizes — from internationally known mass-market brands, to high-end luxury brands, to e-commerce and omnichannel platforms, and we have a proven track record of adding value to long-term retail relationships. Our logistics solutions improve service levels and enhance the consumer experience — building your brand equity with every touch.
We keep our focus on the future, developing tomorrow’s solutions today. We’re transforming supply chains to keep pace with ever-escalating demand, all while protecting your image and fulfilling your consumer’s expectations.
We’ll customize your solution with services that adapt to your inventory range.
A differentiated approach
XPO has extensive experience helping customers navigate the journey from traditional retail to omnichannel distribution. By partnering with XPO, our customers can focus resources on growing customer loyalty through enhanced e-commerce sites and customer-facing apps, subscription services and other means of customer engagement.
We take the time to understand your business, so that we can engineer a logistics solution that gives you a competitive edge where it matters most — at the virtual point of sale. The turnkey distribution solution we provide will have the ability to continually evolve to respond to your customer preferences.
Value Added Services
- Inventory management
- Personalization (monogramming, embroidery, heat transfer, laser etching)
- Gift wrapping and messaging
- Improved out-of-the-box experience (OOBE)
- Carrier management and selection
- Full-service packaging (packaging configuration, co-packing, kitting, bundling, giftwrapping)
Strategically positioned for optimal efficiency
Partner of choice for network scale and technology.
Expert site selection and startup
XPO is a market leader in contract logistics in North America. The majority of the sites in our vast footprint are dedicated operations, with the optimal locations determined by our in-house team of data scientists, working in collaboration with our customers and their sales data.
Once the analysis of your specific needs is complete, our buying power and real estate relationships allow us to quickly secure the site and begin configuring it to your specifications. Our next-generation technology suite allows for rapid integration with your systems, providing unparalleled visibility into your e-commerce supply chain.
We also offer a “plug and play” option through our XPO Direct™ network of shared-space distribution centers. This gives our e-commerce customers a way to position inventory close to consumer densities, shortening delivery times and leveraging our technology and other resources. For parcel-type deliveries, XPO Direct™ facilitates two-day delivery from our hubs to the consumer’s front door.
Case Study: Fashion
Learn how a multinational retailer expanded in the US with XPO’s support.
A global fashion retailer expanded in the US, opening brick-and-mortar locations and offering an e-commerce experience designed to mimic the feeling of in-store shopping. This required a dedicated e-commerce distribution center that would be fully operational before the holiday peak shopping season.
Once XPO was selected, our logistics experts delivered on every requirement, including site selection and labor and transportation cost forecasting. We implemented a full e-commerce channel solution capable of flexing in a dynamic marketplace, and we were up and running before the holiday peak.
- Our supply chain implementation team was active within 72 hours of receiving notification of the contract award
- Identified the site that would best serve our customer’s needs
- Hosted job fairs and hired a site management team within three weeks
- Took possession of the building in weeks, started receiving inventory seven days later and began shipping orders the following week
- Implemented all distribution center processes, including cycle counting and customer care, within five weeks
- Optimized the customer’s packaging and out-of-box-experience to reinforce brand loyalty and messaging by:
- Sending team leads and trainers to work in the customer’s flagship stores, in order to fully understand the brand’s shopping experience
- Providing 24 hours of dedicated training for each new logistics team member
- Since beginning the relationship with XPO, the customer’s e-commerce business has expanded, requiring a move to a new, larger facility
- XPO successfully manages peak seasonal volumes, flexing capacity and attracting the necessary labor through innovative recruitment techniques
- XPO supported the customer’s rebranding strategy through promotional materials, including augmented reality packaging, showcasing its new logo
- XPO’s internal communications team produced professional-quality training videos to train associates in the customer’s new brand standards