Cutting-edge innovation that improves your productivity and lowers your costs.
XPO’s proprietary suite of supply chain applications is part of an innovative digital ecosystem designed to manage complex logistics solutions within the warehouse environment. Our focus is on integrating robotics, autonomous vehicles, automated sortation systems, drones, augmented reality, smart analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) – technologies that speed goods through the supply chain. Once a startup is complete, our managers use analytics with machine learning to optimize productivity.
Every function – from forecasting and daily labor metrics, to receipts and billing – is accessible through a single portal. Because our digital ecosystem is cloud-based, operational data can be viewed on any device, regardless of location, and use of mobile devices, wireless workstations and powerful analytics is seamless. This enhances visibility and collaboration, reduce the lead time to launch new operations and can lower the cost of opening a new facility or retrofitting an existing one.
Smart Software Modules
One ecosystem for operations, automation, connectivity and continuous improvement.
Integrated, in-house control
- Warehouse Management (WMx) – A cloud-based, wireless application for the management of information, processes and inventory within the walls of the warehouse
- Order Management (OMx) – A versatile application for order management, inventory management and service-level monitoring
- Connection Management (CMx) – Provides seamless integration between customer systems and XPO’s software suite
- Warehouse Controls (WCx) – A platform that integrates complex automation solutions with warehouse management systems for in-house control
- Business Analytics (BAx) – A robust analytics platform with query tools
- Additional modules for labor management, demand planning, yard management, packaging and billing
Case Study: Omnichannel Fulfillment
Learn how a world-class entertainment company relies on our expertise.
XPO has provided many successful logistics implementations for this world-class entertainment company. We were subsequently awarded the direct-to-consumer distribution business for its online stores, in addition to its retail distribution.
XPO assumed the management of the customer’s existing facility and workforce, while undertaking a 12-month transformation of the storefronts and website. Inventory is managed from a 650,000 square foot omnichannel distribution center. During the same 12 months, XPO deployed process and operational improvements for an additional warehouse, reducing costs by more than $1 million in the first year.
- The customer’s online store saw 50% sales growth during its first season after transition as a result of the improved omnichannel experience
- The consolidated solution also dramatically reduced inventory and overhead costs
- The customer has honored XPO with Vendor of the Year and Operations Team Excellence awards, demonstrating how satisfied they are with our performance